Amidst postponed weddings and smaller than planned celebrations, we decided to shed some light on what event decorators and planners see happening with weddings in the coming months.
What’s the NYS government saying? Now that all regions of New York State have entered phase 4 of reopening, social gatherings up to 50 people and religious gatherings at 33% capacity are allowed. Masks are required to be worn in public spaces and people are being asked to maintain six feet of distance from other individuals.
What are couples doing about their wedding dates? Here are the results from a survey of approximately 9,500 American couples conducted by The Knot.
Things will be done a bit differently, but love will survive and ever-lasting memories will still be made. Here’s a list of ways weddings may evolve in the coming future.
- Masks and gloves will become pieces of fashionable wedding attire.
- Chic hand-sanitizing and hand-washing stations with 20 second timers will start appearing. Hand sanitizers will become an important part of table settings.
- Big lavish receptions with expensive cakes, top-shelf liquor, and crowded dance floors will be replaced by more intimate celebrations with meticulously curated guestlists.
- Live streaming ceremonies over Zoom, Facebook live, or Facetime will be a great option for couples who don’t want to postpone their precious wedding date. With enough support to coordinate the logistics of the event, this option could work beautifully because it is cost-effective and can bring together loved ones from around the globe. NYS permits officiants to perform binding marriages over video.
- Farewell to Buffets! There will be a greater focus on plated meals.
- Taking inspiration from celebrities like Priyanka Chopra & Nick Jonas, Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma, and Justin & Hailey Bieber, some couples may follow suit and organize a multipart or sequel wedding. This will involve them making appearances at several small events, perhaps a few dinner parties with groups of loved ones in different regions.
- Similar to how high school graduations took place this summer, some couples may decide to go with a shift wedding, where guests show up at staggering times and a thorough sanitization is conducted in between sessions.
Our team at Prestigious Perfection is ready to make your day memorable while making you and your loved ones feel safe!